With the surge of digitalization, people are leading a very fast-paced life and are constantly on the move. With the considerable advancement of connectivity, the world is now truly defined as a global village where we boundlessly travel for business or leisure.
As globalization is at its peak, it has created an open forum, opening borders where one can ceaselessly utilize the freedom of travel in this typically modernized business world. But when it comes to travelling to or living overseas for business, considering the family life and especially the education of one’s child is essential.
Let us understand this with the help of an example. There are over 5.5 million Brits who are living overseas. In such a scenario, the local international schools are the best schooling option for young ex-pats.
These international schools follow an international curriculum, which is different from the national curriculum of the specific country. An international curriculum helps the child keep up with their studies, and the good part is that various relocations for the international school curriculum are globally accepted.
Also, read our take on how one can study British qualification from anywhere in the world.
These schools offer smooth transitions and are incredibly helpful. Let us now explore the intricacies of international schooling:
1) Cost of the International Schooling
Though international schooling offers smooth transitions and multiple other facilities, it is expensive. There has also been a 1.9% increase in the average expenses of enrolling in an international school. The schools that come under British or other internationally recognized curricula demand up to 27,500 pounds a year for education.
There has been a considerable rise in expenses for international schooling in Middle Eastern and Asian countries. Switzerland is the most expensive country for international education, followed by China, the third costliest country worldwide and the most expensive in Asia.
The hike in the expenses of international schooling is not only for the tuition fees but also for the registration fees, application fees, uniform charges, building levies, and other additional costs. All of these constitute the increase in the expenses of international schooling.
While on the subject, also read about some frequently asked questions parents of international students must ask.
2) Education in State Schools
Education in State schools is way less expensive. But the stature of the international schools is very high in comparison. State schools often come with language barriers, one of its most crucial drawbacks. Often the government charges expatriate families for sending their children to their country’s non-fee-paying state schools.
Opting for Online Schooling
Online schooling offers students a virtual classroom where they can interact face-to-face with the teacher. However, the students have to log in to the virtual classroom and attend the lectures alongside their peers, where they are taught based on the country’s national curriculum.
With the growth of digitalization and internet connectivity, one can access online schooling from any remote part of the world. This advancement has led families to access any of their favoured schoolings, as distance learning has brought about a new dimension to worldwide education.
Let us now indulge in why one must choose online schooling.
Prime Benefits of Online Schooling Living In Overseas
- Online Schooling gives one the freedom to learn and explore.
- Learning in the comforts of home is an enticing opportunity.
- Enrol in other courses alongside pursuing online schooling. The students can also freely explore other courses to enhance their skills.
- It offers flexibility and learning per convenience.
- The students can easily access their teachers’ help and support in need.
- The expense is low compared to attending school physically.
- One-to-one teacher and student interaction help the students clear any possible doubts.
- Online schooling is incredibly dynamic as it allows students to learn at their own pace.
- One can expand their career prospects to multiple aspects as online teaching is relatively boundless.
- It offers the students the opportunity to access the guidance of experts in the specified field of study.
- The ability to concentrate gets enhanced.
- Students will not have to commute every day to get to school.
- They get to associate with thousands of students worldwide of different ethnicities.
- There is no such academic pressure.
- Communication skills improve, and this progressive learning medium is also healthy for the brain.
- One can freely pursue their hobbies as online schooling offers a highly curated and well-designed curriculum helping students learn quickly.
Hence, it can be ascertained that online schooling has numerous benefits. However, the benefits are not limited just to students. Many academics, lecturers, parents, corporates and students have endorsed online learning despite the challenges. Learn more here – The Benefits Of Online Education Aren’t Just for Students. The best part is the flexibility to study curriculums from across the world via online schooling; all you need is a laptop, tablet, or mobile and an internet connection. The expenses are also considerably low, which is why it is becoming a highly preferred choice amongst expatriate families.
Leave a Reply