What are the best online schools in India? What kind of learning system do they follow? Let’s understand the concept better. Online school is a completely novel concept in India. People are adapted to the traditional schooling system where the child is required to spend a considerable amount of time each day at school learning various concepts.
Breaking away from this traditional schooling system may seem a bit difficult and also revolutionary to many parents. As more and more parents are moving away from the traditional schooling system, it becomes imperative to know everything about an online school.
The education industry is moving quickly in the direction of digitalization. The government publicly introduced the idea of virtual education, which the National Institute of Schooling (NIOS) is implementing to boost technology usage in this sector. With the help of this educational model, qualifying students who are not currently enrolled in a regular school can continue their education without physically going to one. The country is now home to the best online school program(s). Given below are some of the best online schools in India that are revolutionizing the education sector in the country.
What is Online School?
An online school is a school that is conducted primarily or exclusively over the internet. This can include virtual classrooms, discussion boards, and other digital tools. Many online schools are accredited and provide a curriculum, qualified teachers, and a fixed timetable for online classes. The teachers use technology and aid the child in learning concepts. Online schooling can be a great option for students who need or prefer flexible learning options.
Also Read: Online Schooling in India – Right Choice or a Necessary Fad?
How does Online School work in India?
Online schooling in India is a relatively new concept, but it is growing in popularity. This type of education has many advantages, such as the flexibility to work around a student’s schedule and learn at one’s own pace. It can be an excellent option for students who want to further their education without the hassle and expense of traditional schools. A child uses the internet and logs into a digital learning platform where all the teaching happens. A teacher provides all learning materials through the platform, where suitable changes can be made from time to time.
Also Read: How Online School Works: Top 7 Queries Answered
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the best online school in India:
- It is important to make sure that the school is accredited. This will ensure that the quality of education is up to par with traditional schools.
- The curriculum should be designed specifically for online learning.
- The school should have a good support system for students who need help with their studies.
- The cost of online schooling should be considered before making a decision.
Also Read: 5 Most Affordable Online Schools In India & Innovative Approaches To Low-Cost Online Education
Online school vs Traditional School
|Online Schools||Traditional Schools|
|Online schools use the latest technologies to explain concepts that in turn aid in the longer retention of learned concepts.||Students usually get used to rote learning methods and most of the time don’t understand concepts thoroughly.|
|Encourages students to actively participate in virtual classrooms.||There is no room for active interaction.|
|Online schools allow students to learn at their own pace by providing the required materials.||Some students may face difficulty at times to catch up with the pace of learning.|
|Online schools, however, can’t provide students a chance to have face-to-face interaction and develop interpersonal skills.||Traditional schools on the other hand aid in developing interpersonal skills and group learning which is essential for a child’s overall development.|
Which is better: Online or Traditional School?
Though both online and traditional schools have advantages and disadvantages, online schools are slowly gaining the upper hand as the better option. There are several reasons for this: first, online schools are more flexible since students can learn at their own pace and take breaks whenever they want. Second, online schools use the latest technology, which helps students learn better. Third, online schools are cost-effective (no commute required). Finally, online schools offer a wider variety of courses than traditional schools.
So if you are in search of a new-age online school for India, here is a list of online schools you should look out for:
Top 5 Best Online Schools in India 2022
1. 21K School
Awarded ‘Leading Online School Of India’ By Education World India School Rankings Awards for two consecutive years, 21K School is on its way to changing the way education is looked at and taught for that matter itself. It is a formal, recognised K-12 school offering a world-class curriculum online for students aged 3 to 18 years in India and abroad.
Here are some outstanding features of 21K School:
- The school offers four curricula to choose from – British, American, Indian and NIOS.
- It has partnered with The Keystone School, NIOS, and Stride Inc. to offer a blended learning program.
- Their certified teachers go through extensive training as well as ongoing professional development to become experts in the art and science of online instruction.
- The School follows an annual academic calendar and conducts live classes online for 1-4 hours, 5-6 days a week (depending on the Grade).
- Many subject experts and real-life achievers will also take sessions throughout the year. Conferences and Online Events are also planned as part of the annual calendar.
- 21K School Program is delivered in a secure way with end-to-end encryption of all live sessions and chat. Each Student / Parent has a unique ID and Password. Students can connect from anywhere, any device at a time and place convenient to them.
- 21K School is affiliated with and recognised by Pearson Edexcel, the largest awarding organisation in the UK.
2. K8 Online School
Next on this list is K8 School. This 100% online school has a student-centric platform where children can thrive academically. The school has collaborated with Discovery Education, a highly reputable digital content provider.
Here are some unique features of the K8 School:
- Unlike 21K School, K8 School is only available for students in grades Nursery to 8.
- Children must pass the Evaluation Test conducted by the school’s Admission Committee. It is a 45-minute test of 30 marks. The minimum pass criterion is 60%, and the test areas are English, Mathematics, and Science.
- With accreditation from Cognia, it offers international standard education for students.
- It offers structured materials and lessons that help in developing student’s technical and soft skills
3. Cyboard School
Cyboard, another online school in India, ensures to run on fundamental principles of customer satisfaction, excellence, empathy, integrity, and innovation.
The following are a set of features of this school.
- Cyboard School offers classes from Nursery to grade 6 for routine subjects like maths, computer science, social studies, and science, additionally, they offer language courses including Hindi, English, and French language.
- There are 2 teachers, an Assistant Teacher and a Master Teacher, assigned to every student. While the Assistant Teacher responds to students’ queries, the Master Teacher integrates videos and books to take live classes.
- The batch size of the students is significantly similar to a physical classroom setting (40 students per class). This leads to poor interaction with the faculty.
- The school is accredited by the International Association of Accredited Organizations (IAO).
4. Always Learning School
AOL School functions like regular schools and helps students in getting educated from home. They blend western and Indian teaching methodologies well and aid in a child’s growth. The child gets personal attention from expert educators and personalized lesson plans.
Let’s look at their unique features:
- AOL is a full virtual school, however, they provide smart textbooks till grade 5 only.
- This platform covers the pre-primary level to improve kids’ readiness in preschool-age groups, which brings it among the best online schools for Kids.
- This platform offers interesting subject choices such as dance, music, arts, etc. as optional.
5. Virtual School India
Virtual School India is another online school in India. The student has the option to earn a diploma from NIOS or Cambridge. They support home learning and the overall development of the child. The set of features that make them stand out are.
- This online school offers a hybrid model. Learners who do not prefer digital learning can attend offline classes in Bengaluru (Kalyan Nagar).
- Regular and Premium schooling options are available for individualised instructions. While Regular schooling includes 15 students, Premium schooling covers 3 students.
- The school helps students to complete the entire pre-primary to class 12 education through its NIOS option. For Cambridge, there is a feasibility to pursue pre-primary to Grade 7.
Online schools aim at providing world-class education in an accessible and affordable format. As the number of online schools is growing, students and parents have the option to choose the best online school according to their requirements.
What should students know before enrolling in an online school in India?
They should check out sixseven factors. They include, credentials of the school, the regular curriculum, electives on offer, flexibility in timings, affordability regarding fees, the standard of teaching, and method of conducting tests/examinations.
Are online schools recognized by the Indian government?
Yes, the Indian Government recognizes online/home-based schooling. The official platform that is handling this arena is National Institute for Open Schooling (NIOS).
What is the fee structure of online schools in India?
The fee structure may vary slightly from one school to another. However, the general categories include – registration charges, tuition fees, etc.
How Important Is Online Preschool Learning for Kids?
Conducted properly, such classes tend to make pre-school children independent. They learn to perform activities on their own. They also learn to listen, read, and write.
How do you measure the effectiveness of online education?
Online schools conduct regular assessment tests and examinations, like what physical schools do. The results will show how effective online education has been for the child.
What are the most popular online education boards in India?
There is no special online education board in India. NIOS takes care of everything, regarding online schools.
Is online school the same as home schooling?
No, there is a difference, despite both using the Internet to educate children. Online schools provide knowledgeable and well-qualified faculty, just like physical schools do. Home schooling requires parents to do everything for the child.
What are online school educational resources?
The resources that are used for online schooling include chatting with tutors/mentors, audio videos, texts, and virtual training.
Does online school promote extracurricular activities?
Yes, online schools do strive to make learning interesting for students. They have projects, debates, fun activities, etc., which help to connect the virtual world with the real world.
Leave a Reply