Do you dream of studying in the United Kingdom and graduating from a prestigious university? Do you long to learn in the land of English? Every single day, we aim to help thousands of students fulfil their dreams by being able to assist them in their efforts to make this dream come true.
As a student, how can someone find the best scholarship for Indian students to study in the UK? If you don’t know what scholarships to look for? We help you find the best scholarships for Indian students to study in the UK.
This blog discusses the British Council’s GREAT Scholarships for Indian students and the application process for these scholarships. This section also includes dates and notifications related to the application process.
About GREAT Scholarships
Great Britain Campaign, the British Council, and the participating British higher education institutions collaborate to provide GREAT Scholarships. The British Government and the British Council jointly fund it. Scholarships are available to students from the following countries, according to the British Council:
- Sri Lanka
The GREAT scholarships are available for postgraduate study at the following universities in the UK for the academic year 2023-2024:
- Cranfield University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Falmouth University
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire Music and Dance
- Royal Agricultural University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Kent
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- University of Plymouth
- University of Southampton
- University of St. Andrew’s
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Newcastle University
- University of Sussex
- Keele University
- University of Reading
- Sheffield Hallam University
GREAT Scholarship candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship of India is required.
- To enter a UK university’s postgraduate (teaching) program, an undergraduate degree is necessary.
- Field-experienced or with proven experience in a field of interest.
- Ensure you meet the university’s English language requirements where you plan to enrol (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE, etc.)
How to Apply?
You must follow the following steps to apply for the GREAT scholarship:
- Scroll through the relevant list of Universities and select where you can pursue your postgraduate studies.
- These universities offer a wide variety of scholarships. Learn about the different scholarships that these universities offer.
- You can find instructions for applying for individual scholarships on each university’s scholarship website.
- Universities have different deadlines for applying for scholarships.
- Each university will communicate the competition results to the successful and eligible scholars.
- The universities will select scholars after they have registered to receive scholarships.
Following your understanding of the scholarship application process, you can move ahead to the selection process. Those applying for scholarships through the British Council or their respective universities will review only those applications that meet the eligibility criteria.
Selected applicants receive a letter or email informing them of their selection. A funding application can only be processed once an applicant has registered for a course of study at the university.
After receiving a scholarship, applicants must fulfil three responsibilities. The following are the items on the list:
- Scholars need to perform well both academically and in extracurricular. Attend lectures, tutorials, and other classes regularly.
- They are promoting UK higher education and sharing valuable experiences. As ambassadors for UK higher education, scholars must represent the country.
- As part of the official authority’s efforts to capture perceptions about studying in the UK, students must attend various events, such as networking events with scholars.
What does the GREAT scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers postgraduate tuition fees for one year.
Can I apply for the GREAT scholarship if I’m an undergraduate student?
No, It’s only open to students enrolled in master’s programs in the UK.
For a scholarship, what grades are required?
Scholarships are more likely to be awarded to students with GPAs above 3.0
Is it possible to study for free in the UK?
International students can choose from a wide range of scholarships offered by many universities that cover expenses like travel, accommodation, tuition, and more.
How much does the GREAT scholarship cover?
A scholarship of £10,000 will be awarded.
What is the number of GREAT scholarships offered by UK universities?
During the academic year of 2022-23, 21 universities will be offering GREAT scholarships to international students. Please find all the necessary information below about applying for this scholarship from the British Council. Find this blog helpful? Also, read about the cheapest universities in the world for international students.