With the introduction of the Internet and computers, a wide range of educational applications has become available which enables students to learn various concepts playfully. Students often struggle to stay in the job or to be interested, especially if it is not interactive. A technology-based learning approach engages students and enhances their online learning experience.
Technology has had a huge impact on various industries, including education. Schools, colleges, universities, and every institution looks at the impact of technology in a positive light. Technology is not only a valuable resource but also an essential tool to help improve the experience for both students and teachers. With the increasing use of technology, this age of digitalization has opened new avenues for imparting knowledge using online learning platforms. The transition from traditional school education to online learning has taken the study away from lecture-based and rot memorization and methods and changed it for the convenience of the students.
Students, on the other hand, have become more technology savvy than ever before and spend most of their day interacting with one technology or another. Thus, the ease with which they navigate technology and their level of convenience means that in today’s ever-evolving smartphone, tablet, computer, and increasingly dominated society, children today expect to interact with technology and make real progress. The time spent by students in learning can be used as efficiently as possible because their growth is completely under their control.
Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL)
TEL is a broad term that describes the use of technology, the latest digital, to teach and learn that enhances the learning experience. Digital TEL is learning as a variety of educational software. With the growth of learning apps, software for teachers, and e-learning services, TEL is transforming and enhancing education.
Today’s cutting edge technology provides quality education in schools. The future of schooling is expected to improve the teaching and learning experience for students.
Technology in Online Learning
Educators are no longer limited to the textbooks provided by their institutions. The future of schooling is ready to adopt more and more digital mediums for educational delivery in the form of podcasts, multimedia animations, recorded lectures, session presentations, etc. There are many ways for students to learn, using other resources such as video, audio, and interactive learning. Teachers can find creative ways to teach their students attractively. Technology has changed the learning environment so that learning is more at hand.
Since the introduction of computers, there has been a wide range of educational applications that allow students to learn a variety of concepts in a playful way. Students often struggle to stay in the job or to be interested, especially if it is not interactive.
How does technology in schools affect the online learning experience?
Here are some pointers that can enhance the technology learning experience:
- Engage Students – Students engage in a variety of educational activities that improve their perception of new concepts. Online learning leads to better investments. By providing students with the tools and platforms they are familiar with, they are more likely to engage and take advantage of the learning experience.
- Resourcefulness – Being able to store huge data on cloud storage and with huge search engines, students can quickly retrieve the desired information and engage in research. Digital information and knowledge on a given topic can now be referenced with a single click.
- Digital Modelling – Digital simulations and models can not only help students to better understand various subjects but also to become acquainted with the wonders of the modern world.
- Communication – With the advent of technology, the communication gap has been filled and the flow of knowledge has become smoother. Online collaboration tools facilitate teacher-student communication through the community in traditional or virtual classroom setups. In addition, peers can easily communicate with each other about their subject.
- Self-paced learning – Online learning offers access 24/7, 365 days of learning. Students experience self-speed learning through technology-enabled teaching where digital learning materials allow students to re-learn difficult concepts at their own pace. The flexibility of time and space helps to improve students’ learning experience.
- The student-centered online learning environment opens up options for students who have other commitments in their lives or are struggling with their studies. This option also helps to place classified students in the mainstream education system.
- Quality Assessments – Learning software provides digital simulations and models that enable teachers to create computerized assessments in addition to lessons and analyze to track student progress and work on progressive lesson plans.
- Collaborative learning – In online school mode, students with Internet tools interact with their peers in the group. Through meaningful discussion, they improve their knowledge base, which enhances their learning experience. Collaborative study for group project assignments through an online collaboration platform allows students to discuss, chat and share documents and notes.
- Improved Learning outcome – Most educational institutions believe in the power of online learning for better learning outcomes. Technology-based curricula and teaching strategies have the power to link real-life situations to student learning. In this way, concepts and topics become more meaningful to them. The overall result is increased productivity.
- Accommodative Learning platform – The online learning environment has the potential to cater to the diverse needs of students as well as run courses in a variety of curricula. The flexible, automated, and student-centered design of the virtual platform can meet the needs of each student and they can always learn better.
Future growth in Education
Maximum use of technology is expected in the future of schooling. Significant growth is expected in the EdTech sector with the latest technological advances such as IoT, AI, and AR / VR. The integration of the latest technology in the EdTech platform helps to give students an interactive experience through which students can explore abstract concepts and connect seamlessly. An effective result of online learning is to increase student engagement.
The global EdTech market estimated at USD 106.46 billion in 2021 is expected to grow at a rate (CAGR) of 16.5% to USD 429.5 billion from 2022 to 2030.
With such a growing need, high schools like 21K Schools are poised to meet the need for the future of schooling through technology-based education. They have recently announced the integration of Web3 technology to help encourage students to be more creative. 21K School students will soon be able to create and sell their Artwork, Books, podcasts, Music, and Videos on 21K School’s NFT Marketplace. They can earn reward points for all activities, timely submission of assignments, assessments and marks scored in examinations, which can be redeemed for scholarships, etc. This ‘Learn to Earn’ model is truly one of its kind in the world. Their Metaverse will allow students to learn without even realizing it.
In addition to the K12 accreditation, 21K School Cambridge offers courses at IGCSE and A levels. On the technology side, the K12 school platform is secured and equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including artificial intelligence (AI), data analysis, industry-standard data privacy, and security tools supported by AWS Cloud Server.