The tech industry is expected to register an impressive CAGR of around 5% up to 2024. Some segments of the industry are expected to grow even faster, like augmented reality, which is expected to register a growth rate of 100%, and cloud computing, which is expected to grow at 17.5% by 2025. The growing tech industry needs a skilled workforce with coding skills to meet the requirements.
Getting your children accustomed to coding from a very early age will enable them to become experts in coding by adulthood and open a vista of many employment positions in the future. Coding is becoming an essential skill as much as mathematics or the sciences. We use apps where we do several tasks with a few clicks. These apps are powered by coding language and a bunch of computer programs.
The top reasons why your children should learn coding from a young age include the following:-
- Coding skills are sought after: The tech industry is a growing sector, and there is a constant need for professionals with coding skills. The tech industry needs coders, graphic designers, language experts, computer engineers, software developers, mathematicians etc. Salary scales in the industry are at the highest levels, with specific categories of tech specialists earning hundreds of thousands of dollars annually. Learning popular computer languages like Python, Java, or other programming languages means developing a stable career path for your child.
- Teaches logical reasoning: Coding and problem-solving represent a unique challenge for your child. Coding has several advantages, like honing logical and computational thinking, which breaks down complex problems into simple solvable issues. It also teaches patience and perseverance as you must persist until you devise a workable solution. Your child may not pursue a career as a computer programmer, but coding can still be of immense assistance in school work. Coding is exciting and different from the other subjects your child may learn in school. Learning to code may even improve your child’s understanding of other subjects due to the logical learning process it inculcates.
- Automation is the future: There will likely be an increasing trend toward automation, with many repetitive tasks replaced by robots and machines. Computer programming will help to drive most of the advances in robotics and factory automation. This, again, means an increasing demand for computer science-related skills. A robot is nothing but an automated machine driven by computer programming. IDC analysts estimate that about 50% of the jobs available in the market will be driven by IT. Hyper automation embraces both processes using artificial intelligence, low-cost development platforms and robotic process automation. Gartner research analysis shows that by 2022, hyper-automation is expected to reach the US$ 596.6 billion mark.
- Improved study performance: Coding has numerous advantages, like your child’s performance enhancement in different subjects. Your child’s proficiency in English and foreign languages may improve. Your child will better understand maths and physics problems by analysing those using logical skills. Your child will be exposed to different facets of learning while learning to code.
- Enhanced concentration: Children of the 21st century are overwhelmed with the amount of learning and vast curriculum they have to absorb. Coding also endows your child with improved concentration while engaging in any form of work. If attention and memory powers are developed early, this can enhance performance in many spheres of education.
- Creative Thinking: Your child’s development of logical thinking skills and creative thinking faculties will be enhanced. Your child will learn to structure their thoughts better, build logical chains, and analyse and plan for completing their tasks. They will deeply understand the relationships between subjects and objects and their interrelationships. Instead of aimlessly spending their time on social media or playing computer games, they will productively use their time to learn a new skill.
Learning coding will be a new adventure for your child. Instead of passively playing computer games, they will be learning new skills as developers of computer games themselves. This will fill them with a sense of accomplishment and self-actualization. Don’t delay, enrol your child for coding lessons today.